Friday, September 6, 2019

14 year old Rocks Market Square


This summer my teenage daughter and I spent many hours practicing songs in order to build our repertoire to hit the streets of Kingston busking.
With only a year of bass lessons, she is a quick study. I anticipate we will see her performing with her own band in the years to come. As she recently stated, "it will be nice to play with people who aren't old." Here is a short video of Bella on bass, Bonz Bowering on drums and myself this past Labour Day in market square. 


Pre-order "Great Beyond" Today 

Excited to share with you that my latest album, "Great Beyond", will officially be released on October 15th! This record is a unique representation of my live solo show, recorded with only me and my guitar, live off the floor at North of Princess studio in Kingston, Ontario. 

Sneak Peek: Have a listen to "Slow Learner". A slide guitar number from the album now streaming on Spotify.

For much of the past decade, I've traveled around Canada and the USA performing solo. Me and my guitar (or guitars rather...occasionally mandolin) up on stage, or in someone's living room, without a net. After touring with a band for many years, it was definitely a big change. It took some time to develop my approach to performing solo, and the kind of energy I wanted to bring to the stage. Ironically, in the end, I found approaching a solo show in the same way as a full band concert was the way to go. The thing is, I didn't have the band to help create that energy with me, so it required a commitment from myself to push that force out into the crowd each and every night. It also needed me to approach the playing of my acoustic guitar in a more aggressive, percussive fashion. Playing chunky rhythms and lead licks simultaneously.

This is a gift to those of you who come to my solo shows and want to take a piece of that experience home with you. For those who haven't had an opportunity to take in one of my solo shows, this is what it sounds like. I hope you enjoy it. The pre-order campaign has begun. Sign up for your copy of "Great Beyond" today! Check out the Indiegogo site for special offers such as "The Box Set" and "Concert For Two". I'll even come play a concert in your living room in exchange for your support!

For fans in the Kingston area that plan to attend the hometown release concert at The Mansion on October 25th, be sure to take advantage of the CD + Concert ticket offer on Indiegogo (a 37% savings!). This show includes The Mill Rights and Dead Root Revival on the bill, and will be a truly amazing night. Don't miss it!





Canadian Tour Starts Tuesday!

Hitting the road again. I'll have the new record in tow, and look forward to seeing old friends and making new ones along the way on my annual Western Canadian excursion. Spread the word and come say hi if I'm passing through your neighbourhood!


09/10 -  The Townehouse - Sudbury, ON
09/12 -  The Apollo - Thunder Bay, ON
09/13 - Bob's Burger Bar - Kenora, ON
09/14 - Ship and Plough - Gimli, MB ( 9:00 PM)
09/15 - Bruce's Firehouse - Dauphin, MB (3:00 PM)
09/17 - The Capitol - Saskatoon, SK (feature set at open mic)
09/18 - The Slice - Lethbridge, AB
09/19 - The Ironwood - Calgary, AB w/ Johnny Faithful and Carter Felker 
09/20 - Twin Butte General Store - Twin Butte, AB
09/21 -  Whitetooth Brewing Co. - Golden, BC
09/22 - Small Axe Bistro - Enderby, BC
09/24 - The Heatley - Vancouver, BC
09/26 - Legion Branch 31 "The Stand Easy"- Jasper, AB
09/27 - The Auditorium Hotel - Nanton, AB
09/28 - Boho Lounge - Carstairs, AB
09/29 - Last Chance Saloon - Wayne, AB (3:00 PM)
09/30 - House Concert - Humboldt, SK
10/01  - Qu'Appelle Valley Arts Centre - Fort Qu'Appelle, SK
10/03  - Midtown Stage - Dryden, ON
10/04  - The Apollo - Thunder Bay, ON
10/05  - Lakeview Hotel - Wawa, ON
10/19 - Few Acres Farm Concert - Russell, ON
10/25 - Hometown Release Concert at The Mansion w/ The Mill Rights and Dead Root Revival - Kingston,ON


See you down that road!
Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment