Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Song #14 Week #14 2012 Song A Week Challenge

I've been the measure of consistency since this challenge started, posting my songs without fail every Monday (morning usually). but that all changed this week, as I gave myself an extra day for Easter celebrations. It did not go unnoticed on the Twitterverse however:





That's my buddy Ross giving me a hard time. If you've been following this blog, then you know he has taken on the challenge as well. I think he even ended up recording a couple of the tunes on his new record (to be released in the fall).Go check out his tunes over on his website.



This week, I've got a sort of coming of age, or looking back on youth(teenage years specifically)song. It's called "We're Older Now". Hope you enjoy, and by all means, let me know what you think.






waiting for the dawning of a new age
listening to Segar Turn the page
out in the driveway on the patio chair
taking in the beauty wonderin what's out there

philosophical discussion , we're way too stoned
I can't feel my body, but i know i'm not alone
it's a hell of a trip this midnight ride
speaks to your soul, hits you inside

CHORUS
we're older now x 3 - x2

voyageur bus trip hunted by ghosts
i guess that a home was the thing we wanted most
laughing and joking masking our pain
made sure we stayed high
so we could stay sane

CHORUS

you went your way I went mine
neither of us can say we really fell in line
with this day to day routine, we're ramblin still
no matter where we go, we'll be climbing up that hill

CHORUS


credits
from 2012 Song​-​A​-​Week Challenge (April), track released 10 April 2012
words and music by Tom Savage

No comments:

Post a Comment