Monday, January 23, 2012

Week #3 Song #3 - 2012 Song A Week Challenge

This week I've got another tune with some dark subject matter. Picture if you will, a murdering, thieving, outlaw who is explaining to a hitchhiker, why he has ended up being the way he is, and warning her against getting into his truck. That's the basic gist of the song. I don't know where this stuff comes from. But I like it.

Another thing I like about this tune is that it is one chord. And it totally works.

Let me know what you think. And be sure to check out Ross Nielsen's blog for his tune.






stark raving mad
i'm a lunatic baby
but you don't want to get
the wrong impression of me

I'm wanted in 49 and a half states baby
the only place that they don't want me is in southern Tennessee

i was born into a low-budget hollywood movie
my daddy had a six-gun and he did what he pleased

my mama tried to raise me as best as she could
but her best wasn't good enough so you get what you see

we moved from town to town
Daddy'd get himself to workin
But then he'd end up robbing the local liquor store

One day he shot the store clerk
and he ended up in prison
Then all that was left
Was my poor Mama and me

My Daddy got the chair
My mama found religion
I found the keys to his pickup
An '89 Ford

I rolled down the interstate
Lay waste to all that I saw
An angry little boy
My Mama's demon seed

Now you don't have to wonder
why i am the way i am
It's the cards that i was dealt
and that's how it's gotta be

once you step inside this truck
you're world's changed forever
Cause I don't let nobody
take nothin' from me

stark raving mad
i'm a lunatic baby


credits
from 2012 Song​-​A​-​Week Challenge (January), track released 23 January 2012
music & lyrics by Tom Savage

No comments:

Post a Comment