Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012 : The Song-A-Week Challenge

On New Year's Day, I jokingly posted this tweet (posted on Facebook as well):





Got a bunch of responses, but one in particular, from Ross Nielsen, got me thinking. He suggested that perhaps a more realistic resolution would be to write a song every week in 2012. At first, even that sounds like a lot. 52 songs in a year. But when you break it down, that's only just over 4 per month, and that doesn't sound so bad.

So, I've decided I'm going to give it a shot, and I encourage any other songwriters out there to get on board. I think it will be a great way to motivate ideas.

I'll be either posting videos or audio of my songs as I write them. I realize that there is a risk of posting some stuff, that may not quite be ready for prime time, but I reserve the right to alter the songs at a later date. Anyway, it's about having fun, and perhaps allowing non-musician/songwriters a glimpse into the process.

If you are interested in getting on board for the Song-A-Week challenge, post your songs or videos to Twitter with the hashtag #songaweekchallenge , or you can post them on the Tom Savage Trio Facebook page.

Happy writing!
Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment