Friday, December 23, 2011

My two cents : Favourite albums of 2011

I've been reading a bunch of "Best Of" lists , some with which I agree, and some that I can't comprehend. Anyway, I thought I'd share with you some of the albums released in 2011, that I believe are really worth checking out.


Centro-matic - Candidate Waltz - centro-matic.com


A great Rock and Roll record from one of my favourite bands of the past few years. You don't hear much about these guys up in Canada, but if they ever make it up here on tour, I'm going.






My Morning Jacket - Circuital - mymorningjacket.com


Took a while for this one to grow on me. Give it a chance and you will be glad that you did.







Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues - fleetfoxes.com


They've stepped up their game from their previous release.I was hesitant to believe that they could. Lyrics have improved greatly.






David Bazan - Strange Negotiations - davidbazan.com


This guy is a songwriters' songwriter. Crazy the way he weaves his ideas together in a 3 minute pop song.





Wilco - The Whole Love - wilcoworld.net



Hey, it's Wilco. They aren't re-inventing the wheel here, but this one is better than their last release (which was still pretty good).

No comments:

Post a Comment