Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Live @ The Acoustic Grill ?? Are you sure ?

I came across something amusing the other day as I was doing my weekly "googlings". Yes I google myself. I know it sounds narcissistic, but it is a necessary evil of being an indie musician, in order to understand what my marketing/promotion efforts are producing ( I'm sure if I were signed to a major label, they would gladly do this research for me for a fee, so I could act all uncaring, aloof, and artistically free, while they emptied my pockets...but that is a different blog post).

At any rate, I stumbled across a blurb on the CJAM blog. They write a sentence or two about the discs that come into the station (which is a cool idea) to let folks know of what they are like.

Here is what they wrote about Live @ The Acoustic Grill :

"If this is truly a live recording, it sounds pretty darn good. Pretty traditional acoustic folk music with some nice violin supplements."

(Nice shout-out to Kevin Davidson on the violin) The part that made me chuckle was " If this is truly a live recording " . Well, I'm here to tell you, it is a live recording. I was there man. And I've got witnesses.

I'll have to take this as a compliment though. I guess it means that Geoff Chown, Kevin Davidson, and myself, were on our game that night.

If you haven't heard the album yet, take a listen to some tracks here .

No comments:

Post a Comment