Tuesday, March 16, 2010
5 Super-Easy Ways to Promote Your Favourite Band
...and hopefully that band is the Tom Savage Trio. Regardless, with social networking and the Internet, it is easier than ever to let the world know about the music you think is worth hearing. Here are just a few simple things you can do :
1. Facebook Page : No doubt your favourite band has a facebook fan page. On the left
side of the page there is an option to "suggest to friends". Click on that and check off the people on your friends list that you think might be interested. Easy!
2. iTunes - Do you have an iTunes account ? Search for your favourite band , and rate their album by clicking on the stars. So easy! If you're really enthusiastic you could write a review of the album.
3. Last.fm - This is by far the easiest way to help promote a band. Join last.fm, download the last.fm scrobbler, and listen to the music. Lastfm keeps a record of the plays, thus increasing the exposure of the band to other music listeners who use the site.
4. Invite 5 of your friends to join the band's mailing list. Chances are you have 5 friends that share your musical taste. Encourage them to invite 5 friends. It's like a rock and roll pyramid scheme ( without the loss of your life savings).
5. Good ol' fashioned " word of mouth " - talk the band up when you're out at the pub. How cool that album was...how awesome that live show was. Still the best way to promote your favourite band(s).
Music fans have more power than ever before to help promote and support their favourite band. So share the love!