Friday, February 13, 2015

Kansas City Here We Come!

If one were to compute how many times the famous song was referenced when speaking of Kansas City, they would most likely find an error message on their calculator. Yet I still choose to refer to the song in my subject line. It never gets old I tell ya!

Very excited to be heading down to Folk Alliance next week with my friends Steve Purtelle and Brock Zeman. Steve is the owner/operator of the Acoustic Grill in Picton, Ontario, and also has his own record label, Acoustic Jams. Brock and I both have records released on the label ( recorded Live At The Acoustic Grill).

              


For those not familiar, the conference has their official showcases throughout the week, but also allow for "private showcases" to be put on in the hotel rooms later on in the night. A lot of great music and partying is going to happen!

The Acoustic Jams Showcase has got a great line-up of acts performing. Along with Brock and myself ( I'll be playing lead guitar for Brock's sets as well which I'm really looking forward to) will be Danny Michel, Rick Fines, Ray Bonneville, Slocan Ramblers, and many more. It's gonna be hard to leave that room.

I hope to grab a bunch of pics and share them with you when we get back.


Cheers,
Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment