Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Thanks for voting!

I want to thank everyone who took the time to vote for the Foley Mountain Playboys in the CBC Searchlight contest, but unfortunately we didn't make it to the next round. Good luck to our friends Kyra and Tully and Shawn Mccullough who did make it through. Go vote for them often!

The contest was a great way to introduce our music to some new fans, and we are really excited to complete the FMP record and get it out to all y'all. Keep up with all the news about the band on twitter @FMPlayboys 

The FMP album is one of TWO albums I'll be releasing this year. The Foley Mountain Playboys record is straight-up Country, while my solo record will have elements of Country, but also a folk-rock, singer-songwriter vibe. If you liked my last (studio) solo record, Never Shed No Tears, I think you'll enjoy this one. It'll be a musical sequel of sorts. A continuation and development of themes if you will.

We started tracking my new solo album this weekend, and the sounds are tasty. I've got a crowdfunding campaign going for the solo record, and if you make a contribution, you will receive a hard copy of my new album as well as a digital copy of the new FMP record. Head on over and check it out. For those of you who have supported my music over the years, this is a chance for you to have a real impact on the creative process. Let's get this record made!

No comments:

Post a Comment